|Position as per 2nd July 2007
We are aware that the diligent handling of your personal information is important to you. For this reason we appreciate your trust in the conscientious handling of such information by IKA. With this declaration you consent to IKA collecting, processing and using your personal data listed below for purposes stated in this policy. This consent can be withdrawn at any time with effect for the future.
- Responsible party
- Which personal information of our customers is collected and used by IKA?
- What are cookies all about?
- Does IKA forward the received information?
- How safe are my personal data?
- Which information I can access?
- General terms and conditions
Responsible party in the meaning of the Federal Data Protection Law (Bundesdatenschutzgesetz) is IKA®-Werke GmbH & Co. KG, Janke & Kunkel-Strasse 10, D-79219 Staufen, Germany.
Which personal information is collected and used by IKA?
Information that we receive from you helps us to customize and continuously improve your shopping event at IKA. We use this information to process orders, to deliver goods and to render services, as well as to process the payment (in case of purchase on account also for the necessary checks). We also use your information to communicate with you about orders, products, services and marketing offers, as well as to update our data sets and maintain or update your customer accounts and to recommend products to you that might be interesting for you. We also use your information to improve our web shop and our platform and to prevent or detect any misuse of our websites.
We collect the following information:
- Information that you give to us: We collect and store all information that we require to handle business. You can decide not to give us certain information.
- Automatic information: We receive and store certain information as soon as you get into contact with us. For example we use - as many other websites - so-called "cookies" and receive certain information as soon as your web browser opens IKA websites.
- Information from other sources: Occasionally we also use information about you from other sources and add these to our information about your customer account. We reserve the right to obtain information about your payment performance from third parties (for example mercantile agencies) in order to offer you certain facilities for payment (for example purchase on account) or other financial services.
What are cookies all about?
- Cookies are alphanumerical identification signs that we send to the hard disc of your computer with the help of your web browser. They allow our systems to recognize your browser and to offer you services such as the storage of your shopping basket between visits of our websites.
- We also recommend to you to always completely sign out once you have finished the use of a computer that you share with others and whose browser has been set to accept cookies.
Does IKA forward received information?
Information on our customers is important to us and helps us to optimise our offer. It is however not part of our business to sell this customer information. We only forward the received information to third parties to the extent described as follows:
- Sales agents with whom IKA co-operates: Our sales department works in close co-operation with selected sales agents. In some cases a contact falls into the responsibility of the respective agent. In such cases contacts will be forwarded to the respective and authorized agent. Addresses will of course not be sold on by IKA.
- With your consent: In all other cases we will inform you if we intend to forward your personal information to third parties so as to allow you to give your consent.
How safe is information about me?
- In order to protect your information during the transfer in the web shop we use Secure Sockets Layer Software (SSL). This software encodes the information sent by you.
- When confirming your order we disclose only the first and the last digit of your credit card number. As a matter of course, we transfer the full credit card number to the competent credit card company while we process the order. Credit card data will always be transferred encoded.
- We maintain physical, electronic and process engineering security measures in connection with collecting, storing and disclosing the personal information of our customers. These security measures include that we will ask you from time to time to submit proof of your identity prior to disclosing your personal information.
Which information can I access?
In case of an online registration you can of course access information about your account and your interaction with IKA. In all other cases - such as catalogue orders - this is not possible. If need arises you can request access to this information in writing.
If you have any questions on data protection at IKA please write to us as precisely as possible using our contact form and we will do our best to dispel your concerns.
Information that you give to us
You give information to us when you look for something, buy or order something, take part in an auction, fill in a questionnaire, or talk to our customer service. You provide information for example when you look for a product, when you make an order - which must include your contact data to be processed in the first place - via IKA or add information to your customer account (please note that you may have several customer accounts if you have registered with us using different email addresses), when you communicate with us via telephone, email or otherwise, when you fill in a questionnaire or take part in a campaign, or if you use other service offers that inform you personally about certain offers, such as the IKA Newsletter.
Information that you give to us in either of these ways can be your name, your address, telephone number, credit card information, the name of persons to which the ordered product is to be delivered, including their address and telephone number, as well as emails sent to us.
Declaration of consent: As part of our business activities we would like to inform you every now and then about products, novelties, current topics and campaigns. Please click here if you do not wish to receive such information.